Saturday, December 8, 2007

Possiblity and Probabilty

I am reminded of the book "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Universe" by Douglas Adams - the impossible versus the highly improbable, and the probability factor. See, the chance, or the probability, that I will change my life is not very high. People in my position are rarely able to climb out of this - single mother, low-income, no support from the father, on the "dole" (as it is often referred to) - the situation seems bleak. This year though, this coming year, 2008, is supposed to be good for me, and it starts now in December.

Mark these words: I will be off the "system" and become financially successful by the end of 2008.

This is a promise to myself and to my child.

My child needs to be sent to private school.The state of public schools scare me. My child is also very intelligent, st least according to the testing. As a parent, you want to provide the absolute best for your child. I feel it is my duty and honour to provide for my son.

Right there, with that inspiration, my probability factor just kicked up a level. Now, I have to think about possibility. Apparently, anything is possible.

No comments: